President. Senior Financial Planner. Nelson Financial Planning Corp. Providing financial planning analysis and services since 1992.
B.Comm.(hons.) – I.H. Asper School of Business, University of Manitoba.
Financial Planning Credentials: Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Master Financial Advisor (MFA), Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU).
Douglas Nelson is a seasoned financial advisor based in Winnipeg, Canada. He is the President and Senior Financial Planner of Nelson Financial Planning Corp. Nelson Financial Planning Corp. is a member of the Nelson group of companies, otherwise known as Nelson Financial Consultants. The origins of the Nelson group date back to 1966 when Vernon, Doug’s father, began his career in the financial services industry. Doug joined the firm in 1992. Nelson Financial Consultants is a financial services boutique providing a greater depth of services for a smaller group of clients. Our typical clients include entrepreneurs, family businesses, executives, professionals and their family. In Doug’s role as the Senior Financial Planner, Doug will work with you to develop your overall financial game plan and strategy. Doug’s team will then assist you in implementing the various components of your financial plan.
- Bachelor of Commerce (honors.), University of Manitoba I.H. Asper School of Business (1990)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) (1998)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) (1999)
- Master Financial Advisor (MFA) (2007)
- Canadian Investment Manager (CIM) (2008)
Licenses, Membership and Registrations:
- Life Insurance, Disability and Health Insurance License (Manitoba, Alberta, BC).
- Member: Financial Planning Standards Council. Certified Financial Planner (CFP).
- Portfolio Manager. Nelson Portfolio Management Corp.
- Master Your Retirement: How to fulfill your dreams with peace of mind. First Edition: 2009. Second Edition: 2012.
- Advanced Financial Planning Courses, published by The Knowledge Bureau.
- Author: Advising Family Businesses.
- Author: The Portfolio Risk Manager.
- Co-Author: The Elements of Real Wealth Management.
- Co-Author: Portfolio Construction for Real Wealth Management.
- Co-Author: Financial Literacy: The Relationship Between Risk & Return.
- Co-Author: Tax-Efficient Retirement Income Planning.
- Business News Network (BNN): Money Talk Interview, July 20, 2009.
- Publications: Doug has been quoted numerous times and has had articles published in the following publications: The Winnipeg Free Press. Advisors Edge Magazine. The Insurance Journal. The Cottager Magazine. The Knowledge Bureau Report.
- The FundLibrary.
- The Financial Post.
- Master Your Retirement Radio Interview, March 9th, 2014 at 9 pm. Interviewed by Geoff Courier at CJOB Winnipeg. http://www.cjob.com/audio-on-demand/
- Recipient, 2017 Distinguished Advisor Conference Client Innovation Scholarship Award. This award recognizes industry advisors who are excelling at client engagement and innovation. View the full press release here.