- Nelson Financial Planning Corp. is a wholly owned subsidiary of BCV Asset Management Inc. Nelson Financial Planning Corp. does not provide any investment or insurance products or specific investment or insurance recommendations. Specific investment recommendations would come from Nelson Portfolio Management Corp. and only upon your request. Specific insurance recommendations would come from Nelson Insurance Services Corp. and only upon your request.
- Nelson Financial Planning Corp. is part of the Nelson group of companies, the collective activities of which is represented by the name Nelson Financial Consultants. Nelson Financial Consultants does not employ any individual or provide any products or services. The nelson group are the activities of Doug Nelson and his team, when providing financial services to their clients.
The best advice is current advice. Advice provided is an illustration and not a guarantee:
- Advice provided to you through Nelson Financial Planning Corp. is based on certain assumptions and projections. These projections are not guarantees. Assumptions will always change over time based on changes to your time frame, risk profile, personal circumstances and personal preferences (to name a few) as well as changes to the economic and world environment.
- The longer a future projection, the greater the likelihood that the projection will not be accurate. Therefore, financial projections must always be updated at least annually so that you are quickly able to see if or when you may be getting off track. Any future projection created by Nelson Financial Planning Corp. is not a guarantee of future outcomes. A future projection is only an estimate based on the available information and assumptions, which may change shortly after the projection is made.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your Nelson advisor is updated on a timely basis, if there are any changes to your current situation or financial preferences.
- It is your responsibility to initiate any updated calculations or projections that may be used to make any specific financial decision today or in the future.
- Nelson Financial Planning Corp. is not liable for any future outcome as these projections are not guaranteed. It is your responsibility to review your plan regularly and proactively.
Our Business Objectives and the Sharing of Your Personal Information:
- It is our objective to provide a more comprehensive and integrated service to a smaller group of clients. Our preferred nelson group client is one who sees value in financial planning analysis. It is our view and experience that the key to long term financial success (where financial success is defined based on the needs, goals and objectives of the individual), is to i) pay attention to the details (such as the 5 great killers of wealth) and ii) to connect the dots between all of the different components of your financial program. We believe that many of the good things achieved in one area of your financial affairs can be undone by just one or two bad outcomes in another area of your financial affairs. Therefore, it is our view that an integrated approach to your financial plan is extremely important.
- It is our view that the ideal approach is to begin with the creation of an overall financial plan, provided to you through Nelson Financial Planning Corp. When we have a good understanding of your situation, then, with your permission, we will transition into specific product solutions for your investment and insurance needs. As noted previously, the investment solutions will be provided through Nelson Portfolio Management Corp. and the insurance solutions will be provided through Nelson Insurance Services Corp. The transition from “the planning process” to implementing specific investment or insurance products is often very natural and seamless, and sometimes within the same meeting. As a client of the nelson group, in many client meetings conversations will often move back and forth between financial planning issues, portfolio issues and insurance issues.
- With these thoughts in mind, it is important that you are aware that your personal information WILL BE shared between each of the nelson group corporate entities. The sharing of your personal information is not for the purpose of providing information to an unrelated individual or firm so as to sell specific stand-alone products or services. The purpose of sharing your personal information is to provide to you a seamless and integrated service, driven by the goals and objectives of your overall financial plan, delivered to you by Doug Nelson and his team.