How We Do It
Nelson Financial Planning Corp. is an independent, fee only financial planning firm. We strive to answer your questions by providing financial planning services to you in one of two ways:
The Stand Alone Planning Process: Do you have specific questions or concerns that you would like to have answered today? Are you wishing to engage the services of a financial planner, without the concern of having the advisor also strive to sell you an investment or insurance product at the same time? Are you looking for a second opinion? If so, then this approach may be best for you.
You can engage the services of a financial planner at a rate of $325 per hour, with a minimum time allocation of 1 hour.
The Life-Stage Financial Planning Service: This is the most common and preferred approach. Most of our clients wish to take a deeper look at their overall situation and ask us to prepare a thoughtful and integrated plan for today and for the years to come. You can engage us to complete a comprehensive, custom financial plan for you regardless of your stage in life:
- Are you in your 20’s and 30’s and looking to develop a financial plan for your family years that takes into account your incomes, tax picture, savings goals, mortgage and insurance needs?
- Are you in your 40’s and 50’s and are looking to develop a plan that transitions you into your retirement years?
- Are you a business owner that wishes to create an a fully integrated plan between your business interests and your personal lifestyle goals?
- Are you in your 60’s and 70’s and are looking to develop a plan for the first half of your retirement years, making decisions about your pensions, CPP, converting your RRSP to a RRIF while minimizing taxes along the way?
- Are you in your 70’s and 80’s and are looking to develop a plan for your second half of retirement and your final estate, considering important items such as the cost of care, winding up your business interests, reviewing and updating your Wills and minimizing taxes in your final estate?
These are all very common questions, and plans, for each phase of life.
To begin this process, we provide to you a 60 minute consultation time free of charge. This time will help us understand your unique situation and provide to you specific feedback on how we may be of assistance.
The final written plan will analyze your current situation in detail, and then project your current situation forward across multiple scenarios, based on different sets of decisions and assumptions. The purpose of this approach is to i) forecast the impact of different types of decisions so ii) that we can discuss each of these different options in detail and then iii) determine the most optimal path for you going forward.
These plans are comprehensive and are typically 40+ pages in length. Basic plans begin at $2,900, typical retirement plans begin at $3,900 and more comprehensive plans that include real estate and / or corporations begin at $4,900. If analysis is required related to your insurance or your Wills, then charges will apply to take this additional time into account.
When receiving financial planning advice from Nelson Financial Planning Corp., specific investment or insurance product or quotations will not be provided unless authorized by you. Specific investment commentary or recommendations would be provided by Nelson Portfolio Management Corp. Specific insurance product recommendations or quotations would be provided to you by Nelson Insurance Services Corp.
To arrange for a consultation, please contact us at 204-956-0519 or at contact us online.