- Nelson Portfolio Management Corp. is an independent, blended-fee portfolio management corporation. Nelson Portfolio Management Corp. does not provide any insurance products or specific financial planning advice or insurance recommendations. Specific financial planning advice would come from Nelson Financial Planning Corp. Specific insurance recommendations would come from Nelson Insurance Services Corp.
- Nelson Portfolio Management Corp. is part of the Nelson group of companies, the collective activities of which is represented by the name Nelson Financial Consultants. Nelson Financial Consultants does not employ any individual or provide any products or services. The nelson group are the activities of Doug Nelson and his team, when providing financial services to their clients.
Related or Connected Issuers:
- The NFC Tactical Asset Allocation Pool is a related or connected issuer of Nelson Portfolio Management Corp. (NPMC). This means that i) the NFC Tactical Pool was developed by NPMC for the specific use of NPMC clients, ii) the pool is managed and controlled by NPMC and iii) NPMC is paid a portfolio management fee for the daily management of the pool.
- The NFC Tactical Asset Allocation Pool is not distributed through other advisors, firms, networks or dealers. Therefore, in the event you wish to close your portfolio management relationship with NPMC, all pool units owned by you will need to be sold prior to account transfer. This may result in a taxable capital gain if you hold NFC Tactical Pool units in a non-registered investment account.
- Nelson Portfolio Management Corp. has a formal referral arrangement established with Nelson Financial Planning Corp. In the event you wish to have fees charged by Nelson Financial Planning Corp. drawn from your portfolio, with your specific authorization, Nelson Portfolio Management Corp. will proceed in doing so. This referral arrangement will also be further documented in your Investment Policy Statement.
- National Bank Financial Special Services Department: For specialty investment products such as “flow through shares” or other “tax shelter” products, NPMC may seek out the advice of the National Bank Financial Special Services Department. Nelson Portfolio Management Corp. has a formal referral arrangement established with the Special Services Department. In this situation, a specific client account would be set up with the Special Services Department, where all client documentation would be completed between the Special Services Department and the client. In this situation, Nelson Portfolio Management Corp. may receive a referral fee representing approximately 1/4 to 1/3 of the commissions charged to the client. When this situation occurs, NPMC will disclose this further to the client at the time of account opening.
- Conflicts of Interest: NPMC is required to disclose to you any perceived or real conflicts of interest, today or in the future.
Our Business Objectives and the Sharing of Your Personal Information:
- It is our objective to provide a more comprehensive and integrated service to a smaller group of clients. Our preferred nelson group client is one who sees value in financial planning analysis. It is our view and experience that the key to long term financial success (where financial success is defined based on the needs, goals and objectives of the individual), is to i) pay attention to the details (such as the 5 great killers of wealth) and ii) to connect the dots between all of the different components of your financial program. We believe that many of the good things achieved in one area of your financial affairs can be undone by just one or two bad outcomes in another area of your financial affairs. Therefore, it is our view that an integrated approach to your financial plan is extremely important.
- It is our view that the ideal approach is to begin with the creation of an overall financial plan. When we have a good understanding of your situation from a financial planning perspective, then it is our view that we can provide to you better overall portfolio management. 1
- The completion or maintenance of a formal financial plan, with Nelson Financial Planning Corp. or any other organization, is not a requirement or pre-requisite to work with Nelson Portfolio Management Corp.
- With these thoughts in mind, it is important that you are aware that your personal information WILL BE shared between each of the nelson group corporate entities. The sharing of your personal information is not for the purpose of providing information to an unrelated individual or firm so as to sell specific stand-alone products or services. The purpose of sharing your personal information is to provide to you a seamless and integrated service, driven by the goals and objectives of your overall financial plan, delivered to you by Doug Nelson and his team.
- Nelson Portfolio Management Corp. does not provide financial planning services. ↩